CLASS REPRESENTATIVE PROGRAM
Opt in Form for 2021
CLASS REPRESENTATIVE PROGRAM 2021
Now is the time to put your name forward to be a Class Representative for your child/ren’s class/es!
We are seeking 2 Class Representatives per class. Class Reps will be responsible for liaising with the classroom teacher, preparing and sending the fortnightly eNewsletter, providing parents with reminders about upcoming class excursions/activities, and organising social get together’s for their class.
If you are new to the school or haven’t already ‘opted in’ to the Class Rep Program, please complete the attached form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop a hard copy to the office.
HOW TO NOMINATE TO BE A CLASS REPRESENTATIVE:
Please email your expression of interest in the role to the Class Rep Program Coordinators, Georgie Evanson and Sheena Hickman at email@example.com by Monday 15th February.
We are also happy to answer any questions you might have about the role/program. Please do not approach teachers directly.
- Your name
- Your email address and mobile number
- The name of the child and class name that you would like to nominate for.
All nominations will be forwarded to the Schools Leadership Team for selection. Reps will be notified when all roles are confirmed and an Information Night will then be held for all Class Reps (date to be confirmed).
WHAT IS THE CLASS REPRESENTATIVES PROGRAM?
Williamstown North Primary School encourages the active involvement of parents/guardians in the life of the school. Established in 2013 the WNPS Class Representative Program is a network of parents/guardians, called Class Representatives, that enhance communication and engagement between teachers and parents/guardians, to more actively support learning in the home and to assist parents in building relationships with other families in the school community.
WHAT DOES BEING A CLASS REPRESENTATIVE INVOLVE?
Class Representatives coordinate the Class Rep Program for their child’s class. This role includes:
- Maintaining and distributing a parent contact list for the class
- Facilitating regular communication between the classroom teacher and parents via a fortnightly class ‘eNewsletter’
- Providing a general ‘reminder’ email to parents prior to a major school or classroom activity/excursion.
- Where requested by teachers, organising parent helpers for class activities/programs (i.e. swimming, reading)
- Encouraging parent involvement in the class and whole school activities (i.e. Fete, Art Show etc)
- Organising social events for the parents of students in your child’s class (i.e. dinners, family picnics)
- Welcoming new families to the class and encouraging their participation in Class Rep activities
- Supporting and fostering a strong sense of the School as a community.
- The role is accessible and manageable for parents/guardians who are in paid work or ‘stay at home’ roles.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Word.
- Ability to send timely communications to the class.
- Flexible, friendly and reliable!