Victorian Premiers’ Reading Challenge 2018
The Victorian Premiers’ Reading Challenge is about to commence and we are hoping that all 810 students will register this year. Registration details have been placed into COMPASS.
All you need to do is log into COMPASS and tick the consent button for your child to be registered for the 2018 Premiers Reading Challenge. Registration has been open since the end of Term 1.
Important Note: You need to complete your consent by Friday 25th May, as the registration will close on COMPASS after this date.
The Official Challenge will begin on Monday 11th June for all WNPS students to begin reading and logging their books read. Please remember that there is a personal challenge for children to read a set number of books by the closing date of the challenge.
Look out for the exciting reading competitions, awards and prizes to be won!
- Student will be given a username and password by Mrs Gunter, by Monday, 4th June – please check their reading satchels!
- Please use your child’s given username and password
- You need to make sure you have entered in all the books completed to be verified by the coordinator.
Please note that if is the Students/Parents responsibility for entering in the correct amount of books in order to complete challenge correctly; please see below for your child’s specific book requirements:
- Children from Foundation to Year 2 are encouraged to read or ‘experience’ 30 books with their parents and teachers.
- Children from Year 3 to Year 10 are challenged to read 15 books.
All children who meet the Challenge will receive a certificate of achievement signed by the Victorian Premier and can choose to have their name included on the online Honour Roll.
For more information about the Victorian Premiers’ Reading Challenge and to view the book lists, visit: www.education.vic.gov.au/prc
Premiers Reading Challenge Coordinator
Tania Brown & Renee Powell