Victorian Premiers’ Reading Challenge
The Victorian Premiers’ Reading Challenge is now open and Williamstown North Primary School is excited to be participating. The PRC application offers a range of exciting features including:
- access to a library catalogue (including book images and blurbs),
- a modern user-friendly interface,
- rewarding students with badges as challenge milestones are achieved,
- the option for students to mark books as a favourite, give them a star rating or complete a book review.
The Challenge is open to all Victorian children from birth to Year 10 in recognition of the importance of reading for literacy development. It is a personal challenge for children to read a set number of books by 17th September 2021.
Children from Foundation to Year 2 are encouraged to read or ‘experience’ 30 books with their parents and teachers. Children from Year 3 to Year 6 are challenged to read 15 books.
All children who meet the Challenge will receive a certificate of achievement signed by the Victorian Premier and former Premiers.
All students have been given a unique username and passcode.
To log on to the Premier’s reading challenge:
- Click on this URL: https://vprc.eduweb.vic.gov.au/home
- Click on the VRPC login.
- Fill out your child’s log in details
- Log any books that your child reads.
To read the Premier’s letter to parents, view the booklist and for more information about the Victorian Premiers’ Reading Challenge, visit: www.education.vic.gov.au/prc